Healthy skin is important. You can scrub it and tone it and put on masks aplenty. However, great skin starts from the inside out. So…while you may want to solve all of your skin issues with one facial, it just isn’t possible. You need to do the leg work so that the facial can have the maximum benefit.You may not realize that there are certain supplements that are the best supplements for healthy skin.
The number one thing you can do for your skin is to get plenty of water on a daily basis… and, it is more water than you think. My best advice is to fill up 4 large containers of water every morning. 60-100 ounces will be your water quota for the day. Make sure your skin is hydrated with a healthy water intake. Then, you can move on to the other items.
By now, you are surely asking, “what are the other best supplements for healthy skin?’ Well, ask no longer here you go. (We will start on #2 because we already gave you #1)
Best Supplements For Healthy Skin
2. Evening Primrose or Black Currant Oil: Both of these oils are high in Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA) which is awesome for your skin. You can’t eat your way into more GLA, either. It is very hard to get in your diet. So, supplement with 500mg per day.
3. Biotin: This is one of the best supplements for healthy skin, hair, and nails. It is a member of the B family and is necessary for fatty acid metabolism. When we suffer from a deficiency, our skin is the first to suffer.
4. Silica: Here we have a mineral that is integral to collagen production. Not enough silica results in a lack of elasticity which equals saggy skin. Make sure you have enough silica.
5. Collagen: This brings us right to collagen. You can buy it in pills, powder, and even little chews. Either way this is one of the best supplements for healthy skin. In addition to tighter skin, you can see improvements in bone health and preserving lean body mass.
6. Hyaluronic Acid: Supplementing with hyaluronic acid does something that the other ones don’t. It brings water to your skin. As we age, our hyaluronic acid levels decrease and our skin loses moisture. When we take this supplement, we retain our dewy, moist, youthful skin.
Our skin needs love. When you go to the esthetician for your facial she wants you to walk out with the best skin possible. However, if you are depleting your reserves, the treatments cannot give you the appearance you desire. This season, give yourself the gift of the best supplements for healthy skin.